The following is a visual representation of the “Feelings” people had about the programming on February 22nd:
Faculty/Staff Development Day
Friday, Feb. 22, 2013
MCTC Bowman Hall Gymnasium
As promised, we are providing more information about the activities we have planned for Faculty/Staff Development Day. As you know, this is a great opportunity to gather and communicate as a College. We are certain the activities will be a fun way to get to know the many service areas and the folks that provide the services to our students.
Our theme for the day is “Finding out who does what for students and how, whenand where they do it.”
The following schedule and pre-instructions are provided to ensure a smooth, efficient flow of activities for the All-College morning session (members of the planning team will be there Friday morning to provide more detailed instructions):
- 8:15-8:30 a.m.: As you arrive to the gym, you will receive an alpha/numeric combination (Example: A5) pre-printed on a nametag sticker along with a “Site Visit Notes” worksheet. (Please note: If you receive a numeric assignment of 1 on your nametag, then you will have a “Team Worksheet” in addition to the Site Visit Notes. The Team Worksheet will be used later and is explained below.)
- The alpha character is the team in which you have randomly been assigned. Each team will have 12 people. Please locate the alpha designation in the bleachers and have a seat.
- Please write your name on your name tag using the marker provided at your designated seating area.
- The numeric assignment on your nametag will correlate to a site visit location. (Further instructions below and determined in the coming days)
- 8:40-9:20 a.m.: We ask that everyone please be seated in their designated areas by 8:40 am. At that time, we will introduce the theme for the day and provide instructions.
- The goal for each team is to collectively learn as much about 12 service areas as possible; the goal of each individual is to visit ONE service area, take notes and report back to their team. Teams will complete the “Team Worksheet” using information obtained from each service area.
- 9:20-9:30 a.m.: We will have a brief stretching exercise (nothing strenuous or difficult) and a send-off with a treat to your site visit, designated by the number you were assigned.
- 9:30-9:40 a.m.: Travel to the site service area associated with the number you received.
- 9:40-10:00 a.m.: Each site will host a brief tour of their service area to provide interesting facts, a list of services provided and an opportunity to ask questions. Tours and presentations will begin promptly at 9:40 a.m., so as a courtesy to the site facilitators, please arrive on time!
- You will take notes using the “Site Visit Notes” worksheet and bring them back to your team.
- 10:00-10:15 a.m.: Travel time to the gym.
- Start gathering back in the gym with your original team of 12.
- 10:15-10:45 a.m.: Share the information you learned with your team and complete the Team Worksheet. Teams that successfully complete their Team Worksheet will be entered into a prize drawing.
- 10:45-11:40 a.m.: We will guide a larger group discussion to brainstorm ideas, review outcomes, discuss next steps and explain follow up.
- 11:40-11:45 a.m.: Drawing and distribution of prizes!
- 11:45 a.m.-noon: Travel time to lunch.
- Noon-1:00 p.m.: Lunch. Sodexo will have lunches for purchase. The menu includes:
- Grab n’ Go salads
- Fish Fry (served with fries and coleslaw)
- 1:15-2:30 p.m. & 2:45 – 4:00 p.m.: Faculty Break-out sessions (see detailed schedule here)
- 4 p.m. – unofficial social gathering at Joe’s Garage