This will be the last Teaching Tips email until a pre-semester Tips in late summer. Your summer team of CTL Consultants is listed at the bottom of this message (see email from Gail about CTL transitions).
We hope to see all of you on Friday where we will start the day by reflecting back on the year and celebrating the work that we have done to improve student success. Please also plan to attend the Employee Appreciate Event to celebrate the work done campus wide. We then have a great list of Concurrent Sessions in the afternoon. In the spirit of these celebrations, we asked MCTC’s Outstanding Educators to provide advice to other faculty; this was compiled into a PowerPoint: Outstanding Advice.
What faculty-development opportunities are available yet this semester? For additional listings, go to: https://mctcctl.wordpress.com/news/faculty-development-opportunities/
May 15, 2015 Faculty Development Day Schedule
8:00-10:30 am – All Faculty Session – Let’s Make a DEAL: Develop. Evaluate. Act. Learn. Come and engage in this all-faculty session ready to Develop your teaching and learning; Evaluate your students, courses, programs, and Common Course Outlines; Act through writing, planning, changing; Learn about your community.
10:30-10:45 am – break
10:45-11:45 am – Employee Appreciation Event
11:45-1 pm – Lunch Options TBA
1-1:15 pm – travel time
1:15-2:30 pm – Concurrent Sessions
2:45 – 4 pm – Concurrent Sessions
note: to allow for maximum participation during faculty development day, please do not schedule PDD or other meetings during this day, including during the afternoon sessions.
May 18, 2015 Faculty Development Day Schedule
- This day is set aside for PDDs to meet to work on Assessment and Common Course Outline projects.
- eLearning is hosting a Quality Matters Rubric training on MCTC campus: http://minnesota.qualitymatters.org/workshops/workshop-registration-information/.
May CTL Social: Pre-Graduation Social! | Thursday, May 21st | Each May, MCTC holds a graduation ceremony to celebrate the many academic accomplishments of our students. All MCTC employees are invited to join CTL at 5 pm for an informal pre-graduation social gathering at Craft Bar and Lounge at the Minneapolis Convention Center, followed by the MCTC Graduation Ceremony @ 7pm in the Minneapolis Convention Center Auditorium (auditorium doors will open for seating at 6pm). The cost of parking at most ramps near the convention center is approximately $10. You could also park in the MCTC parking ramp for $5 (or $2.50 with a prepaid parking card) and walk; the Convention Center is less than a half mile from the MCTC campus. Please RSVP to email@example.com by Wed, May 14th if you plan to attend. Thank you! (Please note that the day was incorrect in our previous communications – sorry for any confusion)
How and when do I enter my grades?
- Go to eServices – note that this interface has changed.
- The link can be found throughthe MCTC web page Employee pull-down menu.
- Log in with your StarID and password
- Pull down the faculty menu in the upper-left corner and select “Grade & LDA Entry”
- Use pull-down menu to change semester, if needed
- Click course title
- Click View/Enter Grades
- Use pull-down menus for student participation and grade, and enter Last Date of Attendance, if applicable.
- Scroll to bottom to save as draft or post final grades (if saving as a draft, remember to return to post final grades before the deadline)
- Contact the Records Office if you need help with this process.
- May 20this the last day to add grades, 3 business days after the end of the term excluding Professional Development days.
- If you need to make grade changes after the deadline please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is monitoring this email address daily and processing requests within 1-2 business days.
- Grade/LDA questions or problems can also be directed to email@example.com.
- When you draft grades they are not visible to students, however once you post grades they will be visible to students.
CTL Campus Leaders (Summer 15)
jenny sippel, CTL Programming Consultant
Lisa Bergin, CTL Programming Consultant
Cheryl Norman, CTL Assessment Consultant
Jennifer Malarski, CTL eLearning Consultant
Miki Huntington, CTL eLearning Consultant
Maran Wolston, CTL eLearning Innovations Consultant