Thursday, June 6, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Century College, White Bear Lake, MN,
Lincoln Mall, East Campus
UMW HERC and MnCUPA-HR are cooperating to provide a day full of professional development opportunities for administrators, faculty, staff, and students from HERC and MnCUPA-HR institutions. Sessions will address the:
- research on how work/life policies and practices affect the recruitment and retention of faculty–with an emphasis on female faculty, Dr. Kate Quinn, Senior Research Scientist, Educational Policy Institute
- application of corporate social media recruiting practices to the recruitment of minority faculty and staff, Stacy Van Meter, Executive Director of Talent and Employment Branding, Deluxe Corporation, and Dr. Pakou Yang, Academic Dean, Century College
- existence of persistent racism on campus: Rowzat Shipchandler, Racial Equity Manager, The Saint Paul Foundation
- impact of a culturally competent campus on the retention of minority faculty and staff: Lissa Jones, Public Affairs Host, Urban Agenda, KMOJ Radio, Organizational Development Consultant
- implications of recent legal imperatives on college personnel, Littler Mendelson
Students in human resource development programs are invited to attend the meeting and an 8:00 a.m. breakfast session that will focus on human resource careers in higher education.
Meeting details are included here.
Remote Broadcast, Other Participation Opportunities, Carpooling
The plenary presentations will be available via remote broadcast. Participants can view the broadcast from their own computers by simply clicking on the meeting URL. However, institutions may wish to organize discussion groups to collectively watch the broadcast.
Individuals interested in carpooling may contact HERC: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-0775.