Please join us at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and Minnesota Department of Education collaborative fall career technical education conference, CTE Works! A Minnesota Summit on Excellence in Career Technical Education on Nov 15 at the Crowne Plaza West in Plymouth.
- MnSCU Chancellor Steven Rosenstone and Education Commissioner Brenda Cassellius will open the conference.
- Governor Mark Dayton is our morning keynote speaker and his topic is CTE Works for Minnesota!
- Senator Al Franken is joining us by video from Washington to celebrate the contributions of CTE to workforce development in our state.
- Minnesota Association for Career Technical Education is presenting awards to deserving CTE educators who exemplify excellence in Career Technical Education.
- The Governor’s Workforce Development Council is meeting at our conference and opening their meeting for conference attendees to observe.
- V. Scott Solberg, Associate Dean for Research at Boston University’s School of Education, is our afternoon keynote speaker presenting on “Individualized Learning Plans in CTE”
- We have 36 high-quality breakout presentations representing statewide excellence in Career Technical Education.
The Conference Schedule At-a-glance is available on our website. You can view it, download it and forward the link to others at:
Please register now and encourage your colleagues from schools, colleges, government agencies, business & industry and community-based organizations to also register and join us. The link for registration is http://cte.mnscu.edu/professionaldevelopment/conference.html
For more information contact:
Debra Wilcox Hsu, Ed. D.
Professional Development Director
Career & Technical Education
MN State Colleges and Universities
Wells Fargo Place
30 7th Street E., Suite 350
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101–7804